Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Some recent work

Finally got my lazy ass up and scanned a few things from my sketchbook! First here's some studies I've been doing at Stockton and in San Jose...


Jan and I sat down in the cafe of Barnes and Noble in Stockton and drew for a while. What was great was that there's a Starbucks there, and everytime a new person walked up in line I quickly drew them. I'm starting to learn how simple shapes really do give so much character of the person..plus it makes drawing them very fun!


Same thing, but I tried it with watercolor. I really like the result of this study...


This is the interior of Barnes and Noble while sitting in the cafe... gotta do more perspective studies...


A cathedral in downtown San Jose!

That's about it for studies.. for now.. Been thinking of finally animating a few things I've been putting off this summer so you'll probably see more character designs... we'll see! Stay tuned! :)

No comments: